Monday, August 16, 2010

Follow up

It is a gloomy Monday morning and I am getting ready to make the trek into NYC to visit my doctor - well, one of my doctors!  It has been seven weeks since my surgery so I am hopeful she will tell me that I am finally healing as I should, that my stitches have dissolved and that I will not need to see her again until next year. 

I'll be heading back to the NYU Cancer Center in only another two weeks for my mammogram.  This excursion of course brings a certain amount of anxiety to my life.  For the next few days I cannot help but recall the mammogram that started the need for this blog.  Yes, I am thankful my cancer was caught, removed, treated.  I am thankful that we have technology that allows this sort of diagnosis to no longer be a death sentence and every year treatment options get better.  Still, I will have butterflies and restless sleep until I get the "all clear" that day.

Thankfully we had a wonderful weekend - dinner with friends Friday evening to kick it off; a glorious Saturday sunny and cool on which we attended an open water swim clinic on Lake Hopatcong (well, that was only me) my 25th (OMG!) high school reunion, our neighbor's 2nd birthday and a lake celebration with friends.  All said I was still in bed before ten but guess my body needed the sleep as I missed my Sunday morning cycling date.  I ended up swimming laps and running ten miles in the rain with my brother. I'll see what the doctor says this morning about how this body of mine is healing and make my decision.  I best get going as Monday morning traffic is never good!

No comments: