Monday, November 16, 2009

Magical Days

My brother Chris and his bride Irina

November is speeding by so quickly it seems that little run I did in NYC was eons ago...perhaps it is the fact the days are now so short; I leave the Medco parking lot in darkness now. Or perhaps it is the fact the big build up to the holidays is upon us, things appear to become more frenzied as the masses get ready for celebrations galore. What happened to the tranquility of Mirival?

Yes, Mirival. A beautiful place to escape to in Tuscon Arizona. My running partner Jess and I spent the weekend there after the marathon at the "Escape with More" magazine crowd. What a wonderful place! We hiked in the desert hills in the morning, challenged our fears by jumping off a 35 feet tall pole (which we 1st climbed up!) as well as working with horses. We spent time by the pool and enjoyed spa treatments. We met incredible women from all walks of life, ate incredible meals, laughed and cried as we listened to stories around the evening bonfire. It was like being at an extremely high end sleep away camp and I would definitely go again!

Returning to NJ was difficult but Greg and I have so much to look forward to as 2009 winds down: a visit from my "sister" Patrice, the 1st birthday celebration of my niece Maia, the Pixies show at the Hammerstein, the BU vs Cornell hockey game at the Garden, the 2009 TSO show, as well as time with friends and family. (Hopefully we will get to see my newly married brother Chris and his wife Irina!) And oh, let me not forget - training will begin for the 1/2 marathon I am planning to run in February!

No comments: