Monday, May 23, 2011

Spring Cleaning

It is pouring outside as I type this entry. The sound of rain against the window is now more annoying than lulling. Sure, my gardens are lush and green, but I have not been able to get out there and weed due to the weather... I do not complain too loudly as I think of the photos being shown today of Joplin, Missouri.  I'll take the rain happily.

It has been a few weeks since my last post.  I have traveled to California for the Coachella Music Festival and Walt Disney World for Medco's 2011 Drug Trend Symposium.  I have finished my 2nd class and started my 3rd.  I ran the Cape Cod Relay with 11 other wacky and wonderful women, and our awesome drivers.  Greg and I received word that our puppy has been born and we should bring him home in early July. (A black lab, he will be named Neo.) I have returned to my rowing team but the weather has cancelled many practice sessions. I have celebrated the arrival of two beautiful babies to couples I adore and the engagement of my youngest brother. I guess you could say I have been busy.

Sadly, during the past few weeks I have learned of women starting their battle with the beast and even more so, about some who have lost the fight. Not sure if it is the weather that depresses me so or hearing these stories. More than likely a bit of both. I try to summon my "the glass is half full" attitude and think about what lies ahead.  I look forward to summer and to complaining about the heat.  I am fortunate to have many wonderful plans: the Spring Lake Five, James Taylor at Tanglewood, a trip to Nantucket as well as the Cape, class number four, and puppy training.   Right now the thunder and lightning just make me sleepy.  Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: