Friday, April 8, 2011

Three years goes by fast

So yesterday came and went like any other normal Thursday.  It did not hit me until I was trying to go to sleep last night and found myself unable, that to that I realized that April 7, 2011 marked the three year anniversary of my breast cancer diagnosis.  It was a milestone of a day that changed my life forever and I did not even register it until I was comparing my current sleepless state to that I experienced while going through treatment due to the various effects my medications were having on me as well as all the variations of emotions I would experience on a daily basis such as anger, sadness, despair, and their polar opposites, hope, happiness, etc. I take it as a good sign that I just went about my day without focusing on the past.

However, there is still much to be done in the fight against breast cancer.  I have attached the link to a documentary that speaks quite eloquently to the cause.  Every 69 seconds somewhere in the world a woman will die of breast cancer.  Think about that - every sixty nine seconds...

1 a minute

P.S. To Joan who posted a comment to my blog a while back - yes, KM is the same KM you went to college with!  She asked if you could contact her via Facebook or send me your e-mail address as I cannot see it from your post!

No comments: