Saturday, January 8, 2011

Welcome 2011!!!

One week into the new year and I still do not think I have decided what my resolutions will be... well, I guess that is not entirely true.   It has really come down to deciding which I think I might just keep. I do have quite a few so below is my top ten:
  1. Return to school - that is covered, my MS of Health Communication program starts January 18th at my alma mater , Boston University.  Trying the online route, we will see how it goes!
  2. Complete my 1st Ironman 70.3 - I am registered and have 9 months to train for this one.
  3. Be more aware of the foods I eat - a wise friend said "if it can go bad, it is good for you" - referring to fruits, vegetables, fresh foods etc.  Thankfully a wonderful new market opened up walking distance from my house: The Art of Healthy Living.  Never thought I would hear myself saying, "boy, that blueberry hemp "iScream" is to die for"  but I have.
  4. Simplify, simplify, simplify.  This is a tough one.  I am really referring to the material things in my life of which I have many and really do not need.  I have started paring down, donating many items to the local church thrift shop, the Lupus Foundation,  and Goodwill.  I admit I feel better with more open space.
  5. Go electronic.  By go electronic I mean lose the day planner.  I have a blackberry, an iPhone and thanks to Santa, an iPad.  I am determined to transfer my hard copy calendar to my iPhone and so far have gotten through March...  more typing to go!
  6. Stretch more.
  7. Take time to do nothing.  Another tough one, but I am learning it is okay to just stay home.
  8. See all the films nominated for best picture BEFORE the Oscars - working on this one having seen The Fighter and Black Swan so far...
  9. Try one new thing a month.  (I have to have some fun!)  In January I will be trying snowshoeing for the first time as I join "Hey Snow Sister" for the 2011 Romp to Stomp 5K.  My friend Jess will be joining me as we snowshoe in the breast cancer awareness fundraiser.  I look forward to joining my friend Jim and his daughter - Jim is team captain - they know first hand why this disease needs to be wiped from the planet.
  10. Procrastinate less.  Another tough one as I said to myself..."hmm, have not blogged in awhile - putting the holiday decorations in the attic can wait a bit....)  I really mean "Carpe diem!" with this one for if not now, when?
Happy New Year all - I hope 2011 is a year filled with love and good health and for me, another 358 days ( I had mentioned a week has already flown by?!!!) to appreciate this thing called life. 
 

No comments: