Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer 2010


www.jchildebrandt.blogspot.com


I just reviewed my calendar for the 2010 summer season and have decided I must still be suffering from chemo brain. At least that is my story and I am sticking to it otherwise my husband might have me committed on grounds of total insanity.

I have four, yes four, triathlons from 6/19 - 8/29. I'll cap off the summer with a 200 mile relay in the mountains of New Hampshire. Throw in a few running races, an international rowing competition along with the fact that we are currently living through a kitchen renovation and just to change things up a bit I am starting a new position at a new location with my current employer next week and oh yeah, did I mention I am having some of my body parts removed in late June? Whew! I might have to commit myself!

The past few weeks have been a series of ups and downs. Greg and I still miss Tacoma daily. We have both been looking at (cough, cough) puppies online... not to bring one home right now given the schedule we have before us, but perhaps one day again we will have someone waiting for us when we walk in the door each evening.

Crazy life changing health events have recently impacted the lives of folks I know and everyday I send positive thoughts and prayers their way. London was a blast - how fun to see the city through the eyes of my niece and nephews. My cousin Michael graduated from BU while we were away. I consider this incredibly bizarre given the fact he was born during my senior year there. Wasn't that like just yesterday?

Speaking of BU I recently reconnected with friends I had not seen since our days of walking along Commonwealth Avenue which has been nothing but fun. Catching up, reminiscing - it is all good.

One last high note pertains to the logo you see displayed above. You may wonder why I would display the Snickers Marathon Bar logo so prominent on my blog. I do so because I just found out I have been accepted as a member of the 2010 Team Marathon; I'll be wearing their gear at my future events as well as promoting their product. The crunchy honey and almond bar is my current fave!

Happy Memorial Day all! I'll see you between swims/runs/cycles!!!

1 comment:

Julie @ ROJ Running said...

Congrats. I'm on the team too, should be a lot of fun