Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Archer

Here is my horoscope for this fine Tuesday morning:

While you are out and about in the world, you will encounter many people and ideas. Today, your mind will open in a way that enables illuminating insights to enter. Listen and gather up these gems as you continue on your journey.

I read the above and thought to myself that I hope I do that every day; each new experience being a "gem" whether good or bad. This time of year there is much good! Recently I was able to spend a day baking cookies, we attended the Trans Siberian Orchestra holiday show - now a Hildebrandt family tradition - and we have a beautiful tree sitting in our living room just waiting for adornment.

As 2009 winds down with just over two weeks to go I am trying to decide what my resolution for 2010 will be. Will be having the patience to grow out my hair? (For the time being I have decided to have it stay short!) Will I train and complete my first triathalon? Will I see those friends who live far away? So many options!!! I am sure I'll think of something! Meanwhile I have a tree to decorate, holiday parties and family gatherings to attend, and Nubbin riddles to solve as well as looking forward to December 22nd - the day after the longest day of darkness of the year (the winter solstice) for December 22nd marks the day that the sun begins its return to longer hours!!!

No comments: