Friday, August 14, 2009

Pink Honor Roll


Flight Deck
2008 Pink Honor Roll

Maurice DuBois


Dr. Richardson-Heron


On the evening of Wednesday, August 12th, Greg and I were invited to attend a celebration upon the Intrepid held by the NY affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Foundation. We were invited as I was one of the top 125 fundraisers from the 2008 Race for the Cure and therefore would be added to the "Pink Honor Roll". (I was #81!)

It was a beautiful night and we had not been to the Intrepid since its return to NYC. The ship was very cool - I highly recommend it to those of you who have kids as a "thing to do"! The evening was beautiful, the food and drink plentiful, and the cause one I hold very near and dear. I met the president of the NY chapter, Dr. Dara Richardson-Heron ( a 12-year breast cancer survivor) and the host of the evening Chanel 2's Maurice DuBois. Doing my best to get invited next year - the Race this year is September 13th!

No comments: