Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holidaze



Somehow seven weeks snuck by without much notice by me.  Thankfully I am finished with classes for the year and have a few weeks to catch up on life again.  So, my apologies to those who have not yet received Christmas cards or a phone call in a while.  I am hopeful the big man in the red suit will deliver the gifts my loved ones want or I am in big trouble having not yet hit the shops...

I should be honest and admit to a few stolen moments such as the 2011 Reindeer Run I participated in with my niece Hayden.  We dressed alike without knowing it and enjoyed the scenic 5K route through some beautiful neighborhoods in Franklin Lakes, NJ.  I had a wonderful birthday dinner with friends at Ninety Acres.  Yes, another birthday celebrated for which I am thankful.  Seems my big health issue of 2011 would be my currently broken hand, a running injury if you can believe it! ( I tripped and caught my fingers in a fence fracturing my knuckles - OUCH!!!)

I had breakfast with my 88 year old grandfather who is back from sunny Florida to celebrate the holidays.  I am thankful each and every time we get to spend time together.  I continue to run when I can, play as much as possible with our now 7 month old "puppy", and try not to worry about what 2012 may bring other than my graduation in May, my brother Nick's wedding in August and the 4 year anniversary of my cancer diagnosis. 

This year has been a tough one with many friends battling the beast that is breast cancer.  I wish for them nothing more than the gift of hope this Christmas and the return of good health in 2012.  Me, well, all I really want for Christmas is the same - good health and good times with my family and friends.  Oh, and some pink snowshoes too please...

Enjoy the holidays, whatever it is you may celebrate.  Embrace those you love and tell them that you do. Many thanks to all who continue to support me in this thing called life - you are the greatest gift of all.  ENJOY!!! 

No comments: