Wednesday, September 16, 2009

NYC Race for the Cure 2009

Starting Line
My Message
Survivors Photo
Sunday 9-13 was a beautiful day; sunny and not too hot. Central Park West was awash in pink: pink wigs, pink shirts, pink signs, pink balloons; you name it - it was there fashionably attired in pink. Yes, it was theh 2009 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.

I once again walked with Team Medco, joined by my husband, friends Chris, Jill, Denise, Jen, Lauren, Janine and many more. I admit walking under the balloon arch at the start was quite emotional for me and I was happy to have had my new MJ shades. I was instantly transported back to one year ago when I did the same, also surrounded by friends and family but bald, sporting a chemo port and feeling not exactly myself as I neared completion of my treatment of the exact disease which I walked "against".

Thank you to all who supported me and to those who also walked - I can only hope that one day such gatherings (there were close to 30,000 people there!) will be only something we did "..way back when..." Until that time we walk on!

No comments: