Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Celebrate Today

I am back in NJ, facing a morning that may be snow covered and not really happy about it. I hate the fact I no longer look forward to lots of the white stuff but since I am not a professional snowboarder, skier, dog musher, or snowmobiler it basically only has negative impact on my life. Traffic snarls or stops; the outside world looks pretty for a day or but then everything become encrusted in a coating of salt, dirt, slushy messiness that makes my morning runs downright treacherous. The few days I spent in Florida seem already a lifetime ago!

I had a great time visiting with my aunts and grandfather. I spent the weekend at Disney which always makes me happy. As I watched the parade at the Magic Kingdom, its theme - "Celebrate Today" struck very close to home for me. The focus in Disney was on being a volunteer and celebrating all that you can do today to make the world a better place. Yes, I am a believer. I try ,oh I try to do something everyday to make the world a better place. Today I made sure I paid attention and turned the water off while I brushed my teeth. I said thank you to the life guard at the pool where I did my morning swim - he looked at me like I had two heads - I meant thank you for being there at 5am so that I could swim knowing if I needed help, it was nearby.

Saturday grows closer. My pre-admission testing is complete. I await a call Friday to tell me what time to report to the hospital. In the meantime I will continue to focus on "celebrating today" - what can you do to make today a better day?

No comments: