Friday, June 5, 2009

I"M IN!!!






I learned yesterday that I was accepted via lottery into the 2009 ING NYC Marathon being held November 1st. (A mere 148 days away!) I will need to start "official training" on July 13th.

I found myself musing yesterday about training for this event in such a way that made me laugh to myself - "You can do this", I said to myself - "You made it through being bald, six months of chemo, daily early morning trips to NYC for radiation...what is 26.2 miles through the greatest city in the world?" Here is where I laughed for a realized that as I underwent treatment last year I used the marathon as my point of comparison; my guide to mile posts achieved. Funny how things can radically shift.

My next Zometa infusion is a few weeks away and already I am dreading it. I figure this time I know what I am up against and will hopefully feel more at home returning to the recliners of the treatment room where I went through chemo. On the bright side, it is my last one for 2009 - woo hoo!

Last weekend was so beautiful here in NJ. Greg and I spent Sunday in the Poconos, checking out the new Mount Airy Lodge, taking in the views at Camelback and enjoying drinks at the LHYC along with our friend Greg followed by dinner at a great find - Alice's Restaurant - which could be no further than the establishment I imagine everytime I hear the song of the same title! Photos above from our day!

No comments: