Monday, July 7, 2008

Laughter Is The Best Medicine



I have to say my post heading is so true; we had a great day yesterday that helped both us forget our worries. Finally confident we could leave Tacoma for a few hours, we had lunch with my mom, John and my grandfather and then headed up to see our friends Dean and Amy along with their daughters Sydney and Sarah. They recently put in a beautiful pool, patio and outdoor kitchen. We enjoyed the afternoon just lounging until Dean and Greg thought it would be a good idea to try out the water "see-saw"... after many failed attempts they finally were able to balance - for about 5 seconds! I laughed so hard I cried! You can judge for yourself based on attached photos!!!

In fact we laughed a lot, their daughters were very entertaining and the meal we had was wonderful; it was an afternoon Greg and I truly needed and extend a hearty "THANK YOU" to the Haggerty family!

So, we survived the weekend! Tacoma had her drains removed today and vet said she is doing just fine. Hooray! She is acting like herself again. What a crazy couple of days!

I am also feeling good; even going running with my brother this evening. I dare say on the days when I feel good, it almost like I am taking speed I feel so good (based on what I have heard of course!), I even enjoyed going in to the office today sporting my wig. Yes, the time has come - I'll post pictures soon!

2 comments:

jeanie said...

Jane & Greg,
It is true about laughter and I am
so glad that you have found a way
to enjoy yourselves, after what you've been through. Do you think that maybe Tacoma didn't want to see her mommy go through this alone?! Poor baby, glad to hear that she (Tacoma) is on the mend, too!
I would have liked to have been there to see those guys make you laugh!
Much Love & Many Prayers
Always
Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane and Greg,
We were so glad to have you up for the afternoon, and that we were able to get you both laughing! Any time you want to come and just "veg" at the pool, come on up, our door is always open to you both.
Amy